I understand and acknowledge that: (a) there is no requirement beyond filing of this application and no purchase of sales or marketing materials or of products or services as a customer of any BNA8 Company or any of BNA8’s service partners is required to become an Independent Business Partner (IBP) other than payment of the Sign-Up fee; (b) in order to maintain my IBP position, I must pay an annual renewal fee (the current renewal fee is stated in clause 1.7.A. of the Policies and Procedures) and comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; (c) my advancement to higher levels in the BNA8 Compensation Plan is based solely upon the acquisition of customers and their usage of the products and services offered by BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners; (d) any purchase of sales aids and marketing materials is strictly voluntary; (e) if I choose to organise for others to solicit the sale of the products and services BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners by sponsoring them to become IBPs of BNA8, I will not receive any compensation whatsoever for the act of sponsoring them; and (f) the only compensation to which I am entitled under this Agreement is based upon the sales solicited by me and other IBPs to end customers.
For purposes of these Terms, BNA8 Pty Ltd ABN 64 635 692 189, shall be referred to as “BNA8”. BNA8’s ultimate parent company, Berberian Group Pty Ltd. shall be referred to as “Berberian Group”. BNA8, Berberian Group and any subsidiary or holding company of either of them shall be considered an “BNA8 Company”. For the avoidance of doubt, this Agreement, and all documents incorporated herein by reference, is made between me (the IBP) and BNA8. “Compensation Plan” means the BNA8 Compensation Plan notified to you from time to time and, where applicable in accordance with clause 26, the Compensation Plan of any BNA8 Company, in whose jurisdiction you have personal customers or downline IBPs. “Policies and Procedures” means the BNA8 Policies and Procedures notified to you from time to time and, where applicable in accordance with clause 26, the Policies and Procedures of any BNA8 Company in whose jurisdiction you have personal customers or downline IBPs.
I, the undersigned Applicant, affirm both personally and, if applicable, as a non-individual entity Applicant, and warrant each day this Agreement continues that: (a) I am at least 18 years of age; (b) I am a resident of Australia or New Zealand; (c) I am not a bankrupt nor has any action been taken to re-organise or dissolve me nor have I taken any step to enter into any arrangement with creditors nor have steps been taken towards appointing a receiver or liquidator or analogous person over all or any of my assets nor has a security interest holder exercised rights over all or any of my assets nor am I insolvent; (d) I am not currently suspended or disbarred from practising my usual trade or profession; (e) I am not in prison or confined to any other corrective institution; (f) I am not someone who has been previously terminated by an BNA8 Company as an IBP; (g) neither I, nor my spouse or partner (unless they are my sponsor), have had any other interest or benefit in any other BNA8 IBP position within the 12 months prior to the date of this Agreement; and (h) I have, and have provided details to BNA8 of my valid Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian mailing address and bank account (in my name) maintained in Australia. I understand and acknowledge that: (a) success as an BNA8 IBP is not guaranteed but depends on my specific efforts and other circumstances that may be beyond my control; (b) I am an independent contractor and no prospect of employment has been presented to me by BNA8; (c) my potential income is solely based on commissions and bonuses for obtaining customers; and (d) as an IBP, I am not guaranteed any income nor am I assured any profits or success, and I certify that no claims of guaranteed profits or representations of expected earnings that might result from my efforts as an IBP have been made by BNA8 or any person who introduced me to the opportunity to become an IBP. Accordingly, I shall not represent directly or indirectly that any person may, can or will earn any stated gross or net amount nor that sponsorship of other IBPs is easy to secure or retain, or that substantially all or any IBPs will succeed.
3. I agree to pay for any products, materials, services or other items that I purchase from BNA8 on or before the due date specified by BNA8 from time to time. In the event that I am late with respect to such payments, I acknowledge that BNA8 may offset such debt from any monies owing to me under the Compensation Plan and this Agreement.
4. I agree that: (a) I am responsible for my own business and am not an employee of BNA8, any related party of any BNA8 Company or any supplier to BNA8 by virtue of this Agreement; (b) I will not be treated as an employee for purposes of any national, state or local statute, regulation, determination or other law; (c) I will only be representing BNA8 to the limited extent expressly provided in this Agreement; and (d) I am not empowered to bind BNA8 in any way.
5.I may terminate this Agreement for any reason, at any time, by giving BNA8 at least 14 days prior written notice at its Australian address (below).
6.I may cancel this Agreement, without penalty or obligation, for full refund within ten (10) business days from the date of this Agreement, exclusive of the date of signing or if processed electronically the date this Agreement is submitted to BNA8 for processing. I understand that if I cancel after the ten (10) business day period, I am not entitled to a refund.
7. I acknowledge that BNA8 is not affiliated with any supplier of products or services with whom it transacts business and that the IBP relationship is with BNA8 and not with any other supplier.
8. I agree that, as an IBP, this Agreement grants me the limited authority (but no obligation) to promote and solicit the sale of the products and services offered by BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners, subject to the terms and conditions established by BNA8 from time to time. I understand and agree that during the term of my IBP Agreement with BNA8, I may not be employed by or become a representative, agent or distributor of any supplier of products and services to an BNA8 Company.
9. In the process of soliciting the sale of, or otherwise promoting, the products or services offered by BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners, I will:
10.(a) operate in a lawful, ethical manner and comply with the terms of the Code of Practice of the Direct Selling Association of Australia; (b) make no false or misleading statements regarding the products or services offered by BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners or the relationship between myself and the BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners; (c) not engage in the slamming of a customer (i.e. any practice that causes a customer’s service provider to be changed without the customer’s knowledge or consent); (d) keep accurate records of my business; (e) not engage in or perform any misleading, deceptive or unethical practices; (f) abide by all national, state and local laws, industry codes and standards or other regulations governing the marketing to, or solicitation of customers for the products and services offered by BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners, including but not limited to the Australian Consumer Law (ACL); and (g) undertake and complete any IBP training and accreditation requirements established by BNA8 or by any regulatory agency, or as required by any BNA8 service partner.
11.To the extent permitted by law, no BNA8 Company shall be liable under any circumstances for any damage or loss of any kind, including indirect, special, punitive, compensatory, or consequential damages, losses or profits which may result from any cause, including but not limited to, breach of warranty, delay, act, error or omission of any BNA8 Company or any of its service partners or suppliers or in the event of discontinuation, modification, interruption or suspension of a product or service, whether caused by any BNA8 Company or its service partners or suppliers or by some event outside their control. I understand that the obligations of BNA8 and service partners and suppliers are limited to the performance of best efforts to process customer orders for acceptance and approval of requested services. Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations on an BNA8 Company that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. This Agreement is subject to these statutory provisions. In particular, if the statutory provisions apply, the BNA8 Company’s liability is not limited, in the case of any legislation that prevents any limitation of the BNA8 Company’s liability or, if the legislation does permit a limitation of liability, the BNA8 Company’s liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted under the legislation.
11.1 I acknowledge that: (a) BNA8 expressly reserves all proprietary rights to the BNA8 name, logo, trademarks, service marks (“Proprietary Marks”), BNA8 Companies’ copyright materials and all other intellectual property used by BNA8 Companies in association with BNA8 Companies’ products or services or contained in or relating to BNA8 Companies’ documentation, business operations, processes or systems (together the “Intellectual Property”) (b) such Intellectual Property is owned exclusively by BNA8 Companies; and (c) the rights granted to me in this Agreement do not in any way affect BNA8 Companies’ ownership of the Intellectual Property.
11.2I acknowledge and agree that BNA8 grants me the right during the term of this Agreement, to use the Intellectual Property to the extent that they form part of the marketing materials I am permitted to use according to the Policies and Procedures. Accordingly, I agree that I will not use the Intellectual Property in any form whatsoever except in accordance with the Policies and Procedures or in advertising or promotional materials provided, designed or published by BNA8. I understand that I may not copy or duplicate any materials provided by or purchased from BNA8 and that the unauthorised use of any Intellectual Property is a violation of law and this Agreement. I will comply with any instructions from BNA8 in relation to the use of the Intellectual Property. BNA8 may withdraw the right to use the Intellectual Property at any time in which case I shall cease my usage of the Intellectual Property and return to BNA8 all of the Intellectual Property that I have in my possession or control.
12. I understand that no regulatory authorities have reviewed, endorsed or otherwise approved the terms of this Agreement or the BNA8 Opportunity and that BNA8 has not represented to me that any of these things have occurred.
13. I further agree that, as an IBP, I am responsible for the payment of all taxes and maintenance of all insurance cover which may be required in connection with this Agreement. I hereby indemnify BNA8 and must keep BNA8 indemnified against any claim, action, damage, loss, liability, cost, expense or payment which BNA8 directly or indirectly suffers or incurs in connection with or in relation to any failure by me to pay any tax as and when it falls due, any failure by BNA8 to perform obligations required of me or BNA8 by law in relation to paying all necessary taxes on amounts due to me, withhold money on account of any tax from amounts due to me and any failure by me to maintain any policies of insurance that I am required by law to obtain. I acknowledge that BNA8 may withhold payments due to me until I notify BNA8 of my registered Australian Business Number.
14. I understand that, as an IBP, I am free to select my own means, methods and manner of operation and that I am free to choose the hours and location of my activities under this Agreement, subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Policies and Procedures, all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes.
15. I acknowledge that BNA8 transacts business as a reseller and/or agent for various suppliers of products and services at rates established by BNA8 from time to time and that those products, services and rates are subject to change. I shall remain up-to-date with regards to the products and services which may be offered by BNA8 from time to time.
16. I acknowledge that I am responsible for supervising and supporting IBPs whom I organise to solicit the sale of products and services supplied by BNA8 Companies and BNA8’s service partners (my “downline IBPs”). I agree to maintain regular communication to support, train and motivate my downline IBPs.
17. BNA8 shall periodically make various sales literature and/or promotion materials available. I am under no obligation to purchase any quantities of those materials or literature at any time. If I choose to purchase materials or literature then I may return any unused, unopened and currently marketable items for up to one (1) year from the date of purchase and receive a refund of 85% of the purchase price. I will incur the cost of shipping the said materials to BNA8.
18. IBPs are not required to purchase any products or services offered by BNA8 Companies or BNA8’s service partners. If I elect to purchase any products or services offered by BNA8 Companies or BNA8’s service partners, I agree to pay for such products or services in a timely manner as prescribed in the relevant agreement. If I fail to pay for any such products or services by the date payment is due, BNA8 may do all or any of the following: (a) suspend my IBP position; (b) withhold any or all compensation due to me; (c) terminate this Agreement; or
(a)apply any compensation otherwise due to me toward the satisfaction of any unpaid balance for such products or services or against any indebtedness owed to me by BNA8. Notwithstanding the above, BNA8 reserves the right to suspend an IBP immediately if, in the sole opinion of BNA8, the IBP’s usage of products or services was unusually high or in the case of suspected fraud.
19. I acknowledge that I have the right to refer to BNA8 as many applications from people wishing to acquire products and services supplied by BNA8 Companies or BNA8’s service partners (“personal customers”) as I wish. I acknowledge that I will receive a commission each month based on the product or service usage payments of my personal customers and the customers of my downline IBPs in accordance with the applicable Compensation Plan published at the time I become entitled to those payments. Any other payments I receive will be based upon fulfilling certain terms of qualification as set forth by the applicable Compensation Plan published by BNA8 from time to time. I agree that, as an BNA8 IBP, I shall place primary emphasis upon soliciting the sale of products and services to customers as a condition of my receipt of commissions. Under certain circumstances, commission rates may be adjusted by BNA8 for promotional products or negotiated pricing.
20. I agree to indemnify and hold each BNA8 Company, its shareholders, directors, officers and employees harmless from any and all claims, damages and expenses, including any attorney’s fees, arising out of my actions or inactions in violation either of this Agreement or any law or regulation, including industry standards pertaining to activities arising out of this Agreement.
21. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be referred to the Australian Disputes Centre Limited (“ADC”) for arbitration. The laws of Australia will apply to the resolution of the dispute, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Any arbitration organised through the ADC shall be held in Sydney, Australia or any other place that the parties agree. The parties will arbitrate in good faith and agree to be bound by any solution to the dispute arbitrated by ADC. The costs of the arbitrator and the arbitration hearing shall be borne by the parties equally. The arbitrator may award preliminary and permanent injunctive relief and compensatory damages and shall award reasonable legal fees and costs to the prevailing party. The arbitration award may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. This provision shall not restrict BNA8 from seeking preliminary or permanent injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this clause shall prevent BNA8 from terminating this Agreement for non-payment of amounts owed to BNA8 or to bring an action in a court of competent jurisdiction in order to collect any unpaid amounts.
22. I acknowledge that I have received the Policies and Procedures and the Compensation Plan and I understand they, as well and any other applicable Policies and Procedures and Compensation Plan are contractually binding upon me. Any obligation described as an obligation of an IBP under any applicable Policies and Procedures and any applicable Compensation Plan will be deemed to be incorporated in, and an express obligation on me under, this Agreement. I further acknowledge that BNA8 fully reserves its right to modify this Agreement, the Policies and Procedures and the Compensation Plan, at any time by providing me with written, electronic or verbal communication or by updating the materials that are on the BNA8 website. These amendments shall apply to me even though they may be detrimental to me or an improvement of my rights. I acknowledge and agree that I am at liberty to terminate this Agreement in accordance with clause 5 at any time without penalty. I understand that I am obliged to regularly visit the IBP Back Office website and read all the communications sent to me from to time by BNA8. I understand that although I may be provided with information concerning BNA8, its business, my status and other matters by parties other than BNA8, including my sponsor and other BNA8 IBPs, to the extent that any such information conflicts with the terms of the Agreement or the Policies and Procedures, this Agreement and the Policies and Procedures shall prevail. For purposes of this Agreement, my address as indicated on this Agreement shall be deemed to be my correct address unless and until written notification of a change of address is provided by me to BNA8. I further agree to receive communications from BNA8, including legally binding notices, in electronic form.
23. I acknowledge that this Agreement, including my application form, the applicable Compensation Plans and the applicable Policies and Procedures incorporated herein by reference, constitute the entire Agreement between the parties hereto, and shall not be modified or amended except as set out in this Agreement. BNA8’s failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of BNA8’s rights to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement. Subject to the terms of the Policies and Procedures, this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of heirs, successors and permitted assigns of the parties hereto. If any provision of the Agreement is determined by any authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable in part or in whole for any reason whatsoever, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable and the validity of the remaining provision or portions thereof shall not be affected. Where the Agreement provides that BNA8 “may” do something or “may” require something to be done, the discretion conferred on BNA8 is sole, absolute and unfettered.
24. I acknowledge that the Compensation Plan is based on current products and services BNA8 is marketing and both the range of products and services and the Compensation Plan are subject to change. I acknowledge that I must maintain qualifications, as detailed in the Compensation Plan, to continue to receive all residual income based on customers’ usage of products and services.
25. Notwithstanding termination or expiration of this Agreement, any provision hereof, which, by its context, is intended to survive the termination or expiration hereof, shall so survive.
26. I understand and agree that, where I solicit personal customers or downline IBPs in a country other than my home country, the Policies and Procedures and Compensation Plan of the BNA8 Company responsible for that country shall be incorporated by reference in this Agreement. I agree that I will comply with such local Policies and Procedures in relation to all activity in that country as an IBP. I acknowledge that, except where otherwise stated or notified: (a) commissions on a customer’s billings will be calculated according to the Compensation Plan applicable in the country where that customer has its billing address; (b) personal commission percentages will be determined by aggregating the total spend of my personal customers in all countries converted to my home country currency and applying the personal commission table from my home country Compensation Plan; (c) customer acquisition bonuses (CABs) will be calculated according o the Compensation Plan applicable in the home country of the new IBP, whose qualifications, by the acquisition of the required number of customers, has generated the entitlement to the CAB; (d) bonuses and promotions, which may be announced from time to time, are, subject to their stated terms and conditions.
27. During the term of this Agreement, I must not, directly or indirectly, sell or solicit services and products offered by BNA8 Companies or BNA8’s service partners through any other person or entity unless specifically designated or approved in writing by BNA8. I must not, during the term of this Agreement and for a period of six (6) months thereafter, directly or indirectly, divert, entice, knowingly call upon, sell or solicit, take away or move any customer of an BNA8 Company or an BNA8 service partner to or for a person offering products or services similar to those offered by an BNA8 Company or an BNA8 service partner during that period, whether or not I originally procured or brought such customer to BNA8 (such activities are collectively referred to herein as ‘Solicitation’). I acknowledge and agree that all customers solicited by IBPs on behalf of an BNA8 Company or an BNA8 service partner are deemed to be customers of the BNA8 Company or the BNA8 service partner and not of its IBPs. I understand that the non-solicitation prohibition contained in this paragraph shall be strictly enforced. Further, during the term of this Agreement and for a period of six (6) months thereafter, I may not enter into a direct marketing or direct selling relationship with any supplier to any BNA8 Company or any of BNA8’s service partners. During the term of this Agreement and for a period of six (6) months thereafter, I may not solicit any other BNA8 IBP, to participate in a network marketing or direct selling program offered by any other company, regardless of whether or not such network marketing or direct selling company offers products and services offered by BNA8 Companies or BNA8’s service partners. During the term of this Agreement, I may not induce or attempt to induce any other BNA8 IBP, to market, sell, supply, buy or acquire products, business aids or services not produced, supplied or endorsed by BNA8.
28. I shall not, except as authorised or required by BNA8, reveal to any person or entity any of the trade secrets or confidential information of BNA8 including but not limited to information of or used by BNA8 relating to its selling system, its operations and affairs in general, information regarding my downline IBPs or customers, which shall at all times remain the property of BNA8. I shall keep such information secret and shall not use or attempt to use any such information in any manner, which may injure or cause loss either directly or indirectly to BNA8 or any of its customers or business partners. This restriction shall continue to apply after the termination of this Agreement for a period of one (1) year but shall cease to apply to information which may come to the public domain otherwise than by my fault or in breach of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the time limit does not apply to any customer data that has come into my possession. Upon termination of this Agreement, I must return to BNA8’s Australian address stated on the application form all literature or materials I have received in substantially as good a condition as when received, together with all notes, reports, memoranda and information concerning trade secrets, customer orders, customer data and confidential information of BNA8 (including Personal Customer Lists and information regarding downline IBPs) that were received by me in the course of this Agreement. I hereby acknowledge that all such information, whether in paper or electronic form, is the property of BNA8.
30. If I: (a) breach this Agreement; (b) breach any obligation of an IBP described in the Policies and Procedures; (c) breach this Agreement or the Policies and Procedures on three or more separate occasions during a period of 12 consecutive months (regardless of whether the breaches have been remedied); (d) am convicted of a criminal offence; or (e) am placed into bankruptcy or any action is taken to re-organise or dissolve me or I take any step to enter into any arrangement with creditors or steps are taken towards appointing a receiver or liquidator or analogous person over all or any of my assets or a security interest holder exercises rights over all or any of my assets or I become insolvent or threaten to cease business or suspend payments to all or any of my creditors, BNA8 may elect, by written notice to: (a) suspend all or any of the rights I enjoy under this Agreement including (without limitation) my right to receive commissions or bonuses of any kind (including CAB’s) and impose such conditions as BNA8 thinks fit including (without limitation) obligations to re-train; (b) require me to repay any commissions or other payments received by me as a result of payments made under fraudulently obtained Customer Authorisation Forms or Online Customer Applications, as a result of slamming or any other conduct described in the Policies and Procedures that entitles BNA8 to require a refund of payments; (c) reduce the commissions to which I would otherwise be entitled by an amount and period determined by BNA8 at its absolute discretion; (d) offset any amount I owe BNA8 (including and without limitation amounts due under a contract of the kind described in clause 18) against any amounts due and payable to me by BNA8; and/or (e) terminate this Agreement. I understand that during any investigation by BNA8 with respect to any alleged breach of this Agreement and/ or BNA8’s Policies and Procedures, my rights under this Agreement may be suspended by BNA8 and/or any payments, which may be otherwise owing to me, may be withheld until BNA8 has completed its investigation. If BNA8 elects to terminate this Agreement due to a breach by me, then I will cease to be entitled to all commissions, bonuses and payments of any kind that I would otherwise have received under this Agreement, including payments that were due but not paid at the date of termination. The forfeiture of these rights does not diminish any other remedies BNA8 may have against me in connection with my breach.
31. This clause applies only to those IBPs who indicate they are registered for GST during the online application process or on their application form or become registered for GST after becoming an IBP. I must inform BNA8 of my GST registration within 7 days of becoming registered for GST. In respect of all payments arising out of this Agreement (e.g. commissions, bonuses) which become payable to IBPs who are registered for GST, BNA8 will issue recipient created tax invoices. At any time during the term of this Agreement where I am registered for GST, I will not issue tax invoices in respect of any supplies made by me to BNA8. Furthermore, I agree that I will immediately notify BNA8 if I cease to be registered for GST. BNA8 herewith acknowledges that it is registered for GST at the time of entering of this Agreement and that it will immediately notify the IBP if it ceases to be so registered.
31.A.I agree to indemnify and hold each BNA8 Company, its shareholders, directors, officers and employees harmless from any and all claims, damages and expenses, including any attorney’s fees, where: (a) I indicate I am registered for GST during the online application process but am not so registered; or (b) I cease to be registered for GST and fail to notify BNA8 as required under clause 31 of this Agreement.
31.B.(a) In this clause, expressions have the same meaning as in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999. (b) All consideration provided to BNA8 under this agreement is exclusive of GST, unless it is expressly stated otherwise. If GST is payable by BNA8 on any supply made under this agreement or in relation to any payment, whether by way of adjustment, reimbursement, indemnity, damages or otherwise, the recipient must pay to BNA8 an amount equal to the GST on that supply or payment. Any such amount is payable at the same time as the consideration for the supply is payable or is to be provided. (c) If BNA8 is a member of a GST Group, references to GST payable by BNA8 include GST payable by the Representative Member of the GST Group of which BNA8 is a member.
32. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement or the Policies and Procedures must be in writing in English and may be sent by facsimile, prepaid post, email or handed to: (a) BNA8 at the facsimile number, address or email address below; or (b) me at the current facsimile number, address or email address advised in writing to BNA8. A notice is deemed to be delivered: (a) if sent by facsimile, on the sender’s receipt of a transmission report indicating that the facsimile was sent in its entirety to the recipient’s facsimile number; (b) if sent by prepaid post, four (4) business days after the date of dispatch; (c) if hand delivered, at the time of delivery during normal business hours; (d) if sent by normal email on the sender’s receipt of an email message indicating that the email has been opened at the recipient’s terminal; (e) if sent in an “BNA8 in Action” electronic message to my email address recorded with BNA8 and my “IBP Back Office” website message box, two
(2) business days after the date of dispatch; but, if the delivery or receipt is not on a business day or after 5pm (local time for the recipient) on the business day, the notice will be treated as received by the recipient at 9am (local time for the recipient) on the next business day. BNA8 may, but without limiting its options, give notice to me by publishing a notice in official literature, whether such literature is distributed to me by fax, letter or by email or by publication on our website.